SAVE THE CHILDREN recruits BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AND PROPOSAL WRITER
Offre d'emploi en Côte D'Ivoire
SAVE THE CHILDREN
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER AND PROPOSAL WRITER
We are Save the Children. We work in more than 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
About Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programs in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. To achieve our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children, Save the Children works in 10 countries within the West and Central Africa Region with a current staff complement of approximately 1400 and current expenditure of approximately $75 million each year.
Save the Children in Cote d’Ivoire
Save the Children, Cote d’Ivoire Program is seeking a Business Development Manager and Proposal writer for (01) Year based in Abidjan. TheBusiness development Manager and proposal writer is responsible for ensuring financial growth of the Cote d’Ivoire country program.
This is a national position with national conditions.
The Business Manager and Proposal Writer will:
- Work with the Program Quality and Operations teams to proactively develop quality concept notes/proposals and reports and coordinate processes
- Be responsible for communication with members in regards to proposals and reports
- Quality assure proposals and reports before submission to members
- Oversee the development and implementation of Save the Children in Côte d’Ivoire's fundraising strategy, including identifying and nurturing possible funding sources for both development and humanitarian work
- Work with other teams to maintain a good overview of the Country Office’s plans and funding gaps
- Develop platforms and opportunities for increased member engagement and support for the Country Program for both development and humanitarian work
- Work with members and Country Office staff to ensure appropriate resourcing and timely delivery of agreed deliverables
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in an area of social development or equivalent.
- A general appreciation of the issues concerning the INGO sector with an in-depth knowledge in marketing and fundraising
- Recommended a minimum of 5 years management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, with experience in successfully leading the strategic fundraising work, preferably in West Africa
- Demonstrable track record of leading change which has led to significant results for the organization and their stakeholders
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Experience of building personal networks, resulting in securing significant new opportunities for the orgazisation
- Writing and presentation skills, particularly in English but also in French
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Commitment to Save the Children values
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Business Development Manager and Proposal Writer
For more information on our work, please visit our website on http://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/2212
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Please note that the closing date for applications is February 19th, 2015 at 12H00 am.
Pour signaler une erreur ou un abus, envoyez un mail à Contact