AMERICAN EMBASSY, ABIDJAN COTE D’IVOIRE RECRUITS VOUCHER EXAMINER
Offre d'emploi en Côte D'Ivoire
A lire : Comment postuler aux offres d'emploi sur les blog
Liste des Cabinets à éviter - A lire Avant tout
AMERICAN EMBASSY, ABIDJAN COTE D’IVOIRE
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 10-15
OPEN TO: All Interested candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Voucher Examiner; FSN-7; FP-7*
OPENING DATE: FEBRUARY 17, 2015 CLOSING DATE: MARCH 2, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: *Not-Ordinarily Resident: FP-7*
*Ordinarily Resident: FSN-7
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Abidjan is seeking an individual to fill a Voucher Examiner position in the Financial Management Center (FMC).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
This position is located in the Vouchering Unit of the Financial Management Office, U.S. Embassy Abidjan and reports to the Financial Specialist. This position reviews and processes all types of vouchers submitted for payment from State Department ICASS, PROG, PAS, DS, CDC, DAO, OSC, OBO, FAO and MSG. The incumbent performs duties to comply with USG regulations and ICASS Service Standards.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at http://abidjan.usembassy.gov/pds.html.
Important Notice: ‘’Applicants must submit a completed DS-174 form, a current curriculum vitae (resume) that provides the same information listed in Appendix B and found on the UAE or a combination of both. To view the new form (English and French versions) as well as the instructions for completing it, please click on the following link:http://abidjan.usembassy.gov/howtoapply2.html...
When submitting your application via email, please always start the subject line with the Vacancy Announcement’s number followed by the position title. E.g.: VA No.10-15; Voucher Examiner; FMC.
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Minimum one year financial experience is required.
- English Level IV (Fluency) speaking/reading/writing and French Level II (Limited knowledge) speaking/writing are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable section of the regulations in making initial payment determination as well as appropriation law and the standardized regulations of serviced agencies and procedure guideline for the Charleston financial service center is required.
- Ability to comprehend logically and properly apply to the voucher examining process the various detailed technical program regulation, terms and conditions is required.
- Must have the tact and ability to explain clearly and convincingly the rationale for payment, disallowances or penalties.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see Appendix B); or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional U.S. Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
The Human Resources Office Attention: Recruitment Section American Embassy, Abidjan 01 B.P. 1712 Abidjan 01
Fax: (225) 22-49-41-02 or via email to: AbidjanHR@state.gov POINT OF CONTACT
The Human Resources Office Telephone: 22-49-40-00 Fax: (225) 22-49-41-02
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: MARCH 2, 2015
The U.S. Mission in Abidjan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Pour signaler une erreur ou un abus, envoyez un mail à Contact