SAVE THE CHILDREN RECRUTE OVC ADVISOR
Offre d'emploi en Côte D'Ivoire
A lire : Comment postuler aux offres d'emploi sur les blog
Liste des Cabinets à éviter - A lire Avant tout
SAVE THE CHILDREN
We are Save the Children. We work in more than 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential.
About Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.6 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through program in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises. To achieve our ambitious goals and breakthroughs for children, Save the Children works in 10 countries within the West and Central Africa Region with a current staff complement of approximately 1400 and current expenditure of approximately $75 million each year.
Save the Children in Cote d’Ivoire
Save the Children, Cote d’Ivoire Program is seeking an OVC Advisor for the REVE PROJECT financed by PEPFAR USAID, for (01) Year with possible extension, based in Abidjan.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Be responsible for designing and implementing a system strengthening strategy for social centers aimed at improving their ability to coordinate care for PLHIV, OVC and their families.
- Work with key stakeholders, (namely MSFFE, MEMASFP, PNOEV) to strengthen and coordinate mechanisms to improve child protection, VAC (violence against children) prevention and response services, HIV prevention, and HIV/AIDS stigma reduction.
- Work with the Health Systems Strengthening Advisor to design and implement strategies to improve collaboration between the health and social sectors.
- Provide technical input in the design of social welfare related discussion modules for PLHIV/ART (Anti-retroviral treatment) groups and VSLAs (Village Savings & Loans Associations).
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to Social Centers, OVC Task Forces and local NGOs for strengthening of social services, early childhood development programs and referral linkages between services.
- Develop in-service training packages for social workers to improve their capacity to provide support to OVC and their families. Themes will include, but not be limited to, family-centered HIV programming, case management, child safeguarding
- Provide technical assistance, in the form of training, work tools and guidelines, to implementing partners (local NGOs) to ensure that services offered to OVC are in line with national guidelines and quality improvement (QI) standards
- Be responsible for planning and implementing REVE’s early childhood development strategy, and providing TA to the ECD officers.
- Ensure that the appropriate governmental-level stakeholders are involved in the roll-out of The Essential Package.
- Prepare and submit timely monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for his/ her scope of work.
- Document best practices and lessons learnt and ensure they are incorporated into future programming.
- Represent REVE in OVC forums at local and national levels when required.
- Ensure full implementation of Save the Children’s Child Protection/Safeguarding Policy.
- The post holder is required to undertake such other duties appropriate to the grade and content of the work as may reasonably be required of you. Therefore, the list of duties in this job profile should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. Please note that, in consultation with the post holder, REVE team reserves the right to update the job profile to reflect changes in, or to, the post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters or Diploma in Social Work – (State diploma in social work or Specialized Educator state Diploma)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a government social center
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience with civil society and / or government services providers working on social welfare issues that include child protection, services to prevent and respond to violence against children, GBV services
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of system strengthening strategies in the field of HIV and OVC care
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building of government social centers, local community groups, local and national NGOs, preferably those working in the field of child protection, HIV ad OVC care
- Proven experience of designing and delivering training programs for community-based social workers and volunteers
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategies used in the field of HIV, OVC and child rights
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Proven experience of delivering Early Childhood Development services for children from 0-8 years
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your application in French or English (CV, Cover letter and copies of diploma) only by Email at the following address:
Subject: OVC Advisor
For more information on our work, please visit our website on http://www.savethechildren.net/jobs/job-details/2212
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face.
Please note that the closing date for applications is April 15th, 2015 at 12H00 am.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Feminine application is encouraged
Save the Children is a friendly equal opportunities employer
Pour signaler une erreur ou un abus, envoyez un mail à Contact